Learning Group Short Course Certificate in History of Art
What does History of Art involve?
This course is aimed at students who would like to learn more about the history of art. This course is ideal for:
– Students who have a keen interest in art history.
– Students working in the design industry.
– Students interested in pursuing a career in Interior Design.
– Students who would like to complete a short course before committing to a course that will require more time to complete.
– Students who have studied a course in Interior Decorating or Interior Design that did not include history of art.
This course has been designed to introduce students to the history of art. The course includes interesting aspects of all international art styles and movements over the ages. The course also features prominent artists of each period, including the style, works and techniques that define these individuals as masters of their chosen style.
To cater for students who are interested in contemporary art, this course also covers various aspects of South African Art, including: African Art, Reportage Art (Colonial Art), and Contemporary South African Art.
This is an interesting course that should appeal to all students who are passionate about art.
• Basic literacy
• Students must be over the age of 16
3 – 6 months
In order to complete the Learning Group Short Course Certificate in History of Art, students will have to complete all the following subjects:
• Introduction to History of Art
• Advanced History of Art
• Art in South Africa
This programme is not registered on the NQF – it is therefore not a credit-bearing programme.
Fill in the form below to request more information about this course: