What does History of Architecture involve?
This course is aimed at students who would like to learn more about the history of architecture. This course is ideal for:
– Students working in the design industry.
– Students who have a keen interest in architecture.
– Students interested in pursuing a career in Interior Design or architecture.
– Students who would like to complete a short course before committing to a course that will require more time to complete.
– Students who have studied a course in Interior Decorating or Interior Design that did not cover the history of architecture.
This course will provide students with in-depth knowledge of the different styles and movements in the field of architecture. This is an interesting and inspiring course that should appeal to anyone with a keen interest in architecture or design in general.
• Basic literacy skills
• Students must be over the age of 16
3 – 6 months
In order to complete the Learning Group Short Course Certificate in History of Architecture, students will have to complete all the following subjects:
• Introduction to History of Art
• History of Architecture
• Architecture in South Africa
Assessment and award:
• Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Learning Group Short Course Certificate in History of Architecture.
This programme is not registered on the NQF – it is therefore not a credit-bearing programme.