Make-up Training via Distance Learning
Distance learning has become a very popular form of education, even for practical subjects such as make-up application. The reasons behind its popularity include the following:
- It allows you to work and study at the same time.
- It allows you to study without having to relocate to be closer to a campus.
- It does not require you to attend classes.
- It enables you to study from anywhere that is convenient for you.
Distance learning increases access to education. It gives more people the opportunity to improve their skills and to advance in their careers.
At The Learning Group, we offer all our courses via distance learning. If you would like to read more about how you can benefit by studying with us, simply click on the button below:
Make-up courses alone will not ensure that you are fully competent in the art of make-up application. The most valuable training often comes from practical experience that you will gain by volunteering or by applying for an internship at a beauty institute or beauty salon. In South Africa, there is no set rule or guideline requiring you to study a course in order to become a beauty therapist. However, studying a course will certainly deepen your understanding of the techniques used to apply make-up, and it will teach you the skills you will need to create different looks for specific occasions such as:
- Special events
- Modelling shows
- Stage and screen performances
Professional make-up artists
Professional make-up artists require practical training. During the course of their training, they need to learn how to:
- Reduce facial shine.
- Hide blemishes and flaws.
- Highlight certain parts of the face.
- Do make-up for stage and screen (this includes creating wrinkles, bruises, cuts, dirt etc.)
- Create a perfect look for models to go with the feel that a photographer wants for his photos.
Where to study make-up courses?
At The Learning Group, we offer make-up courses via distance learning. By choosing to study a make-up course, you are choosing to enrich yourself with knowledge and to learn new skills. The Learning Group offers the following three make-up application courses:
- Learning Group Certificate in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Diploma in Make-up Application
Make-up Training via Distance Learning (Home)