Certificate in Interior Design
What is Interior Design?
Interior Design is the way in which individual rooms are laid out and decorated in such a way as to make effective use of space, mood and harmony. This is done by means of selecting specific types of furniture, fabrics and colour, which implies a basic knowledge of technical drawing, architecture and various textiles.
Our range of Interior Design courses have been designed to give you an overview of various aspects involved in the decorating process. You will be introduced to the world of the modern professional Interior Designer who uses various techniques to bring out the best characteristics of any living space.
Basic literacy skills and students must be over the age of 16
10 – 12 months
The successful Certificate candidate must be able to:
– Communicate effectively within the business environment
– Understand and use the principles and elements of décor
– Explain and understand the various types of décor finishes
– Conceptualize and complete line sketches of a room
– Complete basic scaled drawings using architectural symbols, lines and dimensions
– Complete a comprehensive design of a space
1. Introduction to Interior Decorating
2.History of Art (Brief Overview of Each Period & Characteristics)
5. Project Management and Business Practice
Assessment and Award
When you enrol for this course, you’ll receive all your relevant textbooks. You have to successfully complete and submit assignments in order to pass this course. Once you have successfully completed the assignments prescribed by The Learning Group and handed in your Portfolio of Evidence, you will be awarded a Learning Group Certificate in Interior Design.
Please note that this programme is not registered on the NQF, and as such it is not a credit-bearing programme.