ICB National Certificate: Small Business Financial Manager
|College:||The Learning Group|
|Course:||National Certificate: Small Business Financial Manager|
|Programme Type:||Partner Programme|
|Partner Institute:||ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers|
|Award Type:||National Certificate|
|Award Issued by:||FASSET|
|NQF Level:||Level TBA: Pre-2009 was level 4|
|Course Duration:||12 – 18 months|
|Entrance Criteria:||• Grade 11
• NQF level 3 Qualification
What is Small Business Financial Management?
A Small Business Financial Manager is primarily responsible for, amongst other functions:
• The Assistant Financial Manager function,
• Any Managerial function that requires basic finance skills,
• All the skills and knowledge to work in the corporate environment as an assistant to the Financial Manager,
• All the financial skills to manage the finances of a small or medium-sized business, and,
• Basic accounting, reporting skills, basic finance skills and basic costing skills.
Grade 11, OR
NQF level 3 Qualification
Recommended 12 – 18 months of study
In order to complete the National Certificate in Small Business Financial Manager, students must complete all of the following Subjects:
Essential Business Finance Computerised Bookkeeping Business Literacy
Assessment and Award
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of 3 formative activities, 2 formative evaluations and one summative assessment. PoE assessment comprises formative / interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
Please note that this programme is accredited by FASSET.