|College:||The Learning Group|
|Course:||Junior Bookkeeper – Computerised Bookkeeping|
|School:||Bookkeeping and Accounting Studies|
|Programme Type:||ICB – The Learning Group Short Course|
|Partner Institute:||ICB – The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers|
|Award Issued by:|
|Accredited by:||Your Unit Standard Certificates will be accredited by FASSET|
|SAQA ID:||This short course is based on part of the SAQA Qualification “Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping”, SAQA ID 58375|
|NQF Level:||This short course is based on part of a SAQA Qualification that has an NQF Level of 04|
|Course Duration:||9 – 11 months|
You Should be competent in:
What is Junior Bookkeeper – Computerised Bookkeeping
It is essential that the Bookkeeper must be able to complete a monthly bookkeeping function on a computer. Students must demonstrate this competence in Microsoft Office and the Pastel Accounting Package.
You should be competent in:
• Grade 10 level Communication
• Grade 10 level Mathematical Literacy
• You should have a good understanding of bookkeeping
Recommended 9 – 11 months of study
In order to complete the Junior Bookkeeper – Computerised Bookkeeper course, students will have to complete the following subjects:
Computerised Bookkeeping: Office Computing
• Basic PC Concepts
• Working with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
• Working with the Internet and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
• Working with Microsoft Word
• Working with Microsoft Excel
• Working with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Bookkeeping: Pastel Accounting – With this subject the College will provide you with an educational licence for you to practice your activities and tasks. This licence is valid from the point you register this on your personal computer until the end of that year, thus a calendar year licence. Please note that this software MAY NOT be used for commercial purposes, thus you MAY NOT trade using this educational licence.
• Installation and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
• Pastel Language
• Creating and setting up a company in Pastel Partner V11
• Create and Maintain General Ledger Accounts
• Create and Maintain Supplier Accounts
• Create and Maintain Customer Accounts
• Create and Maintain Inventory Items
• Take on Balances and Journals
• Supplier Processing
• Customer Processing
• Cash Book , Petty Cash and Journal Processing
• Month end Procedures
• Year End Procedures
Assessment and Award
For this particular course, you will have to successfully complete and submit assignments prescribed by The Learning Group. Once you have successfully completed the necessary assignments prescribed by The Learning Group, you will be awarded with a Short Course Certificate from The Learning Group.
Also, once you have successfully completed the necessary assignments prescribed by The Learning Group you will have to successfully pass exams with the ICB.
In order to write exams with the ICB you will have to:
• Apply to the ICB and register with them to write their exams
• Submit a Portfolio of Evidence to the ICB on the day of your exams
The Learning Group will help you every step of the way with this.
Upon successful completion of your exams, the ICB will certify you with a Statement of Competence showing the respective Unit Standards which you have completed and FASSET will award you with a Unit Standard Certificate for any Unit Standards that you successfully complete.
Please note that this programme is accredited by FASSET.