What is distance learning?
Distance learning is a form of education that does not involve face-to-face contact with teachers, lecturers or other students. This means that the student does have to attend classes or lectures, and is able to study from any location of his or her choice.
With distance learning, you are able to study on your own – either at home or wherever you feel most comfortable. Distance learning can seem very scary at first, but there are always people who are willing to assist you – whether it is the admin support staff, your tutors, or your family members.
To take a course via distance learning, you have to register with a distance learning college. Make sure that you choose a college that offers you the assistance and quality education that you want and need. Do not settle for less! Remember that the aim of distance learning is to deliver quality education to students who, for various reasons, are not able to attend classes.
What are the advantages of distance learning?
There are many advantages of studying via distance learning. Some of these may include:
- It is flexible: You are able to earn money and study at the same time. Distance learning does not require you to give up your full-time job for you to further your studies.
- It increases access to education: Distance learning allows you to study via institutions in other cities or countries. You therefore have a much wider range of courses to choose from.
- You can study from home: You do not have to travel to class or relocate to a different area in order to be closer to campus.
- You can determine the pace at which you study. Not everyone has the same pace of learning. With distance learning, you can study at a pace that is comfortable for you.
- It is cheaper: It is more affordable to study via distance learning, as you are able to save on travel and accommodation expenses.
Because distance learning involves self-study, you need to be self-disciplined and have good time management skills in order to be successful with this method of study.
Where can I study via distance learning?
The new advancements that have taken place in technology in recent years have led to an increase in the popularity of distance learning.
There are many colleges and universities that offer distance learning courses. The Learning Group offers you a premium distance learning or home study experience, with exclusive benefits and high-quality study material. We have a proud history of offering creative programmes, as well as other courses that you might find interesting.
How does it work?
Once you have decided on a course, the rest is smooth sailing. The Learning Group offers hassle-free registration. You do not have to travel anywhere to register for a course – you can complete your registration over the telephone.
What happens once I have registered?
- We will make sure that you receive your welcome pack within a few working days of registration.
- We will make sure that you have a qualified tutor to assist you with your studies every step of the way.
- We will assess you through a series of assignments that will be marked and sent back to you with feedback.
The Learning Group will ensure that you receive top quality education and friendly, efficient service.
Distance Learning (Home)