Learning Group Diploma in Salon Management
What does Salon Management involve?
Most people love feeling beautiful and pampered. A beauty salon or spa is a place where men and women go to relax and rejuvenate. Salon Management involves making sure that a spa or salon is a tranquil haven where clients will not be disturbed; a place where they can totally relax and unwind.
Salon management involves combining practical skills and experience in beauty therapy with the relevant management and business skills required to run a successful salon or spa. Many people attempt to make the transition from beauty therapist to salon manager (or owner) without making an effort to acquire the necessary management skills.
This course is aimed at providing students with the skills that are needed to run a salon successfully. It covers a range of business-related subjects that are relevant in the context of managing a beauty salon or spa.
• Basic literacy skills
• Students must be over the age of 16
• Previous work experience in a salon or spa
In order to complete the Learning Group Diploma in Salon Management, students will have to complete the following subjects:
• Introduction to Business English
• Business and Office Administration
• Personnel Management
• Financial Management: Basic
• Professional Salon Skills
• Business Ethics
• Networking for success
• Human Resources Management and Labour Relations
• Managerial Leadership
• Customer Relationship Management
• Financial Management: Advanced
Assessment and award:
• You will be required to submit a number of assignments to the college for marking.
• Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Learning Group Diploma in Salon Management.
This programme is not registered on the NQF – it is therefore not a credit-bearing programme.