Learning Group Diploma in Nail Care
What does Nail Care involve?
Proper nail care can enhance the health and appearance of your nails. It can also promote faster nail growth and help to keep your cuticles in good condition.
Nail technology involves applying treatments to the nails of the hands and feet. Treatments can include manicures and pedicures, as well as the application of false tips and false nails.
A qualified nail technician may be required to do the following for his or her clients:
• Perform full manicures and pedicures
• Apply nail polish
• File and shape the nails
• Apply treatments to cuticles
• Basic literacy skills
• Students must be over the age of 16
In order to complete the Learning Group Diploma in Nail Care, students will have to complete the following subjects:
• Introduction to Business English
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Professional Salon Skills
• Business and Office Administration
• Nail Care Theory
• Excellence in Service: Basic
• Networking for Success
• Financial Management: Basic
• UV Gel Nails and Decoration
• Excellence in Service: Advanced
Assessment and award:
• You will be required to submit a number of assignments to the college for marking.
• Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Learning Group Diploma in Nail Care.
This programme is not registered on the NQF – it is therefore not a credit-bearing programme.