What does Beauty Therapy involve?
Everyone loves feeling beautiful and pampered. Beauty therapy encompasses a number of different treatments on different parts of the body to aid in rejuvenation and stress release. Beauty therapy includes massage, skincare, manicures, pedicures, hair removal, lash and brow treatments, and other sub-disciplines. It is the art of making people look and feel good about themselves by nourishing the body and soul.
Beauty treatments require knowledge of the correct products and procedures to use on people. Successful beauty treatments help people to look and feel younger and more self-confident.
• Basic literacy skills
• Students must be over the age of 16
In order to complete the Learning Group Diploma in Beauty Therapy, students will have to complete the following subjects:
• Introduction to Business English
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Professional Salon Skills
• Business and Office Administration
• Facial Skincare Theory
• Facial Skincare Techniques
• Lash and Brow Services
• Make-up Application
• Networking for Success
• Introduction to massage
• Full Body Massage Techniques
• Nail Care Theory
• UV Gel nails and decorations
• Customer Relationship Management
Assessment and award:
• You will be required to submit a number of assignments to the college for marking.
• Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Learning Group Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
This programme is not registered on the NQF – it is therefore not a credit-bearing programme.