Learning Group Certificate in Massage Techniques
What does Massage involve?
The field of massage therapy is growing rapidly as a result of increased public awareness of the benefits of massage. More and more people are beginning to realise that going for massage therapy is a good idea if you want to relieve tension or if you want to help your body recover from stress or physical exercise. Massage therapy involves both science and art. It requires a balance of academic and technical knowledge, clinical skills, manual dexterity, sensitivity and awareness. Massage therapy involves rubbing and applying pressure to muscles and skin using hands, fragrances and oils in order to release stress and tension.
• Basic literacy skills
• Students must be over the age of 16
In order to complete the Learning Group Certificate in Massage Techniques, students will have to complete the following subjects:
• Introduction to Business English
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Professional Salon Skills
• Introduction to Massage
• Networking for Success
• Full Body Massage techniques
Assessment and award:
• You will be required to submit a number of assignments to the college for marking.
• Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Learning Group Certificate in Massage.
This programme is not registered on the NQF – it is therefore not a credit-bearing programme.