Beauty Therapy Courses
Beauty therapy is, in essence, about beauty and well-being. It involves skin treatments, nail treatments, various forms of massage treatments, lash and brow tinting, hair removal, cellulite treatments, and make-up application. However, beauty therapy entails more than just giving treatments; it also involves creating a calming environment, and making sure that clients are able to feel relaxed and at ease.
Studying beauty therapy at The Learning Group
The Learning Group offers a variety of beauty courses via distance learning. If you decide to study via distance learning, you will be able to determine the pace of your studies. You will also be able to study from home. There are many advantages to studying via distance learning with The Learning Group. You can read more about these advantages by clicking on the button below:
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Nail Care
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Lash and Brow Services
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Introduction to Massage
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Certificate in Nail Care
- Learning Group Certificate in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Certificate in Massage Techniques
- Learning Group Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Certificate in Hair Removal
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Nail Care
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Massage Techniques
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Hair Removal
- Learning Group Diploma in Nail Care
- Learning Group Diploma in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Diploma in Massage Techniques
- Learning Group Diploma in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Diploma in Salon Management
- Learning Group Diploma in Beauty Therapy
A facial is one of the most popular beauty treatments available. Both men and women go for facials to treat or prevent acne, sun damage, ageing, and dehydration. Facials consist of several steps, which include:
- Extracting (removing blackheads or whiteheads)
- Massaging (facial massage)
- Using a facial mask or peel
Courses in make-up application will teach you the skills and techniques required to apply make-up correctly for different occasions. Examples of occasions where make-up application is required may include the following:
- On-stage performances
- Film and television appearances
- Photo shoots (models)
- An evening out
- Formal events (such as weddings and Matric dances)
Many women choose to wear make-up every day, and not only for special occasions. It is therefore a highly useful skill to be able to apply make-up correctly for different situations.
Nail care includes manicures and pedicures, and is an essential beauty ritual for both men and women. Manicures and pedicures are not only aimed at creating beautiful and fashionable nails, but also at keeping the nails healthy. You can either study nail care on its own, or you can study it as part of a comprehensive beauty therapy course.
Lash and brow services
Beauty therapists also offer lash and brow services. These services include the following:
- Lash and brow tinting
- Brow shaping
- Lash extensions
These treatments are used to enhance facial features – many women go for them before special occasions such as weddings. To become competent in providing lash and brow services, you can complete a course in this area of specialisation.
Hair removal has become very popular in the 21st century. In certain cultures, it is generally expected of women to have smooth legs, underarms and bikini lines. Hair removal has become popular amongst men as well, and especially amongst those who participate in sports such as swimming and cycling. Hair removal can be carried out in many different ways, such as:
Some hair removal therapists choose to specialise in one or more of these techniques.
There are many different massage types and techniques to choose from. To become proficient in massage therapy, you will need to study these techniques. Here is a list of some of the types of massages and massage techniques that you can learn:
- Lymphatic massage
- Sports massage
- Hot stone massage
- Back/neck/shoulder massage
- Aromatherapy massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Pregnancy massage
Massage techniques can be used to help heal muscle or tendon injuries. Massage therapy is also used during physiotherapy. In a beauty therapy context, massage techniques are used for purposes of stress relief and relaxation.
A career in beauty therapy does not necessarily need to involve physically providing treatments to clients. You can use your beauty therapy background to apply for a position as a salon manager, or to start up your own beauty therapy business. By studying a course in salon management, you can learn how to combine business skills with beauty therapy skills to manage a beauty salon successfully.