Beauty Therapist Jobs
The amazing thing about a career in beauty therapy is that your job is mobile. Your job does not require of you to remain in one place or to work from a commercial space. You are free to open your own beauty salon from home (or at any other premises of your choice), or to look for a job in an environment that best suits you. Beauty therapists are employed to work:
- In beauty salons
- At health resorts and spas
- At hotels
- On cruise ships
- On movie sets
- Behind the scenes in theatres
- At photo shoots
Each environment comes with its own benefits and challenges. For example, working on a cruise ship gives you the opportunity to travel and to see the world, but it requires you to be away from home for extended periods of time.
How to get started in beauty therapy:
A good way to get started with your career is to study a course in beauty therapy. A course in beauty therapy will give you the opportunity to acquire the skills needed to become a beauty therapist. However, a course alone will not be enough: you will need to get some practical experience in the beauty industry. You can either obtain your practical experience while you are busy studying, or after you have finished your course. It is important to start building up a client base once you start working. Some employers prefer to hire beauty therapists who are able to bring an established client base with them. A loyal client base will also help you if you decide to start your own beauty therapy business at some point in the future.
Where can I study a course in beauty therapy?
The Learning Group offers a wide range of beauty courses via distance learning. By studying one of these courses, you are enabling yourself to study and to work towards gaining practical experience at the same time.
The Learning Group offers the following beauty therapy courses:
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Nail Care
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Lash and Brow Services
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Introduction to Massage
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Certificate in Nail Care
- Learning Group Certificate in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Certificate in Massage Techniques
- Learning Group Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Certificate in Hair Removal
Advanced Certificate Courses
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Nail Care
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Massage Techniques
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Hair Removal