Adult Matric: Entry Requirements
If you meet the following requirements, you are eligible for Adult Matric registration:
- A grade 9 certificate (or an equivalent certificate)
- You must be older than 21 when it is time for your final examinations
If you start the Adult Matric course before the age of 21, you must simply plan it out so that you are 21 years or older when the examinations start. You can start the Adult Matric Course from the age of 19 if you plan to complete the course within 36 months.
Adult Matric Compared To A Standard Matric Certificate
Adult Matric Details
An Adult Matric course covers material from high school’s Further Education and Training phase. All of the subject work from grades 10-12 will be covered during this course.
Unlike regular matric which requires students to attend lessons in a physical classroom setting, adult matric students attend online lessons, allowing them to properly tailor the studies in accordance with their day to day schedules
As the Adult Matric course covers three years of study material, you can complete it within 36 months. If you feel comfortable enough to complete the course in a shorter period, it can be done within 12 or 24 months.
You can choose which subjects you want to complete during your Adult Matric. Even if you have chosen subjects for grades 10-12 in previous years but did not complete these studies, you can choose any other subjects you would like.
This makes Adult Matric ideal for choosing subjects that will suit your career field better. You must choose a Home Language, First Additional Language, and a Mathematics option.
The remainder of your study material will consist of three other subjects which you can choose from.
Completing Adult Matric
Bellview Institute of Distance Learning offers the Adult Matric Distance Learning study option. The institution guides students in their subject choices and offers assistance to students for the entire duration of their matric course.
Bellview also offers options for students who have received their matric certificate, so you can have a look at their accredited courses to see what to study once you have completed matric. These options consist of courses that are made up of post matric courses, ususally refferd to as NATED courses.
- Marketing Management Courses ( N4, N5, N6 and N6 Diploma)
- Human Resource Management Courses ( N4, N5, N6 and N6 Diploma)
- Management Assistant Courses( N4, N5, N6 and N6 Diploma)
- Financial Management Courses ( N4, N5, N6 and N6 Diploma)
- Business Management Courses ( N4, N5, N6, and N6 Diploma)
- Educare Courses ( N4, N5, N6, and N6 Diploma)
- Legal Secretary Courses ( N4, N5, N6, and N6 Diploma)
The Adult Matric course has the following details regarding accreditation:
- SAQA ID number: 49647
- Programme type: National Qualification
- Qualification title: National Senior Certificate
- Qualification type: FET (Further Education and Training) Certificate
- Originator: Generic
- Award type: Senior Certificate
- Course Credits: 130
Bellview Institute of Distance Learning meets the requirements of the accreditation body known as the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers. As a result, Bellview is registered with the QCTO.
Since Bellview is an educational body on its own, there is no need for accreditation processes for the Adult Matric course. The qualification received upon completion of the Adult Matric course is fully accredited.
Adult Matric Subjects
Bellview Institute of Distance Learning has a wide range of Adult Matric subjects for you to choose from.
Compulsory Adult Matric Subjects
You must choose a Home Language, First Additional Language, and a Maths option. Bellview offers these compulsory subjects for Adult Matric:
- English Home Language/ Afrikaans Huistaal
- English First Additional Language/ Afrikaans First Additional Language
- Mathematics/ Mathematics Literacy
Additional Adult Matric Subjects
In addition to the compulsory subjects, you must choose three or four elective subjects. Bellview offers the following selection of elective subjects for this course:
- Business, Commerce and Management Studies
- Business Studies
- Life Science
- Human and Social Science
- Physical Science
Marking At Bellview
Bellview’s skilled team of tutors marks the assignments of Adult Matric students. Results will be made available as soon as possible with feedback so that students know what they need to focus on.
Author: Karla Nortier
Editor: Megan Dreyer
Date Published: November 23, 2021