A Career in Beauty Therapy
Beauty therapy is a broad field of interest. It includes:
If you are interested in a career in beauty therapy, you can either specialise in providing one or two of the above-mentioned treatments, or you can attempt to master them all.
There are so many different career paths in beauty therapy, and there is even a possibility of going to work abroad. However, while there are many different options and opportunities, there are also many skilled and experienced beauty therapists. You will therefore need to work hard and show dedication if you want to become a successful beauty therapist. You will also need to have excellent people skills, and you will need to learn how to show a sincere interest in your clients while respecting their personal boundaries.
What does a beauty therapist do?
As you already know, beauty therapy is a diverse field. Beauty therapists perform a wide range of activities that vary according to their areas of specialisation. It is up to you to decide which area of beauty therapy you would prefer to work in.
If you work as a beauty therapist in a salon, regardless of your area of specialisation, you will probably be required to do some or all of the following:
Advise clients about the various beauty treatment options that are available.
Perform beauty treatments for clients.
Explain the treatment process to clients.
Give beauty advice to clients.
Sell beauty products to clients.
Answer the telephone.
Schedule appointments for clients.
Salary expectations for beauty therapists
The salary expectation for a beauty therapist varies greatly, because it depends on a whole range of factors. These factors include things such as:
Where you work (in a salon, at a spa, at a health resort, or on a cruise ship)
Which area you specialise in
Which type of clients you work with
How much experience you have
Whether you work as an employer or as an employee
Preparing for a career in beauty therapy
You can prepare for a career in beauty therapy by studying a full course in beauty therapy or by specialising in one or more areas of beauty therapy. You can either study at an educational institution where you have to attend classes or at an educational institution that offers home-based study.
At The Learning Group, we offer beauty therapy courses via distance learning. Distance learning is an ideal option if you already have a job, because it allows you to work and study at the same time.
You can choose from the following range of courses:
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Nail Care
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Lash and Brow Services
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Introduction to Massage
- Learning Group Short Course Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Certificate Nail Care
- Learning Group Certificate in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Certificate in Massage Techniques
- Learning Group Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Certificate in Hair Removal
Advanced Certificate Courses
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate Nail Care
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Massage Techniques
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Advanced Certificate in Hair Removal
- Learning Group Diploma in Nail Care
- Learning Group Diploma in Make-up Application
- Learning Group Diploma in Massage Techniques
- Learning Group Diploma in Facial Skincare
- Learning Group Diploma in Salon Management
- Learning Group Diploma in Beauty Therapy
For more information:
A Career in Beauty Therapy (Home)